SICK! FESTIVAL 2024 FESTIVAL ASSISTANT (ENGAGEMENT) X2 (NOW CLOSED)
ABOUT THE ROLE AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Job Title: Festival Assistants (Engagement) (Temporary)
Employer: SICK! Productions Ltd (also known as SICK! Festival)
Responsible to: Creative Producers, Artistic Director/CEO
Contract: Temporary (Fixed Term 4-Month Contract)
Hours: Part-time – 22.5 hours per week
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days per annum (8.3 pro rata), plus Bank Holidays in lieu
Probationary Period: One months
Salary: £23,400 (FTE) per annum (£4,680 pro rata)
Pension: The People’s Pension Scheme, Employer contributions 3% gross salary
Location: Working at The Sharp Project, Thorp Road, Manchester, M40 5BJ
References: All offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references
Application Deadline: Sunday 11th February 2024 at 12midnight
Shortlisting: Monday 12th February 2024
Interviews: Thursday 15th February 2024
We can accept written, audio and video applications. For written applications, please attach as PDF, for audio or video files, please limit your length to 12 minutes and send a WeTransfer or Dropbox link.
- CV – 2 sides A4 max
- Completed Diversity Monitoring Form (this information will be stored anonymously and separately to your application
- Covering letter (1500 words max) outlining how you meet the criteria in the Person Specification, with examples from your previous work (you will have the opportunity to expand on these examples during interview)
- Details of two professional references with current knowledge of your experience and abilities
Please send the above to email@example.com marked “Festival Assistant (Engagement).”
Please contact the above address if you have any questions relating to the role, your suitability, support to apply, access requirements, or you’d like to receive this pack in an alternative format.
OVERVIEW OF POST:
The Festival Assistants (Engagement) will be pivotal to the smooth delivery of events and participatory projects for SICK! Festival 2024, taking place in the North Manchester communities of Moston, Harpurhey and Charlestown.
Successful candidates will support a range of exciting projects, assisting our Creative Producers through leading on event and workshop set up, artist, participant and contributors’ coordination and booking travel and access support.
They will have excellent organisational skills, putting care at the center of the work they do. They will be dedicated to engaging new participants in work, working collaboratively with different project stakeholders to support the wider SICK! Team in providing exceptional experiences for all.
As our Festival in 2024 is based in the North Manchester communities of Moston, Harpurhey and Charlestown, potential candidates from these areas are encouraged to apply.
The Festival Assistant (Engagement) will:
- Act as a key contact for participants, circulating information and keeping them informed of updates
- Support with scheduling and diary maintenance
- Collect participant sign up forms, image permissions and ensure these are stored confidentially
- Collect and record evaluation materials
- Handle petty cash and purchase materials for sessions
- Maintain excellent communication with local organisations, groups and partners
- Support with research and connecting with external groups about opportunities of interest.
- Lead on travel, access bookings and organising refreshment arrangements for participants
- Support with workshop and event set up
- Be present at workshops and provide support to participants
- Act as a key contact for Lead Artists/Workshop Facilitators. Ensuring they have everything needed for smooth delivery
- Support the Creative Producers (Commissions and Communities) and Freelance Festival Events Manager on the delivery of event days
- Contribute to the development of creative evaluation and audience feedback processes (internal/external e.g., surveys, and polls), supporting internal and external reporting to relevant stakeholders on the Communications Strategy, delivery, and impact.
- Working with the Communications team to capture content where appropriate.
- Support the delivery of the SICK! vision and strategy, working collaboratively with the rest of the team to achieve the mission and purpose in line with SICK! values
- Ensure that SICK! policies are kept up to date and adhered to.
- Support events and performances including interacting with attendees (where applicable).
- Positively represent the organisation at events, online and offline activities.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience of supporting people to take part in arts workshops
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders for project delivery
- Excellent project co-ordination and communication skills
- Ability to manage a busy workload, prioritise and work flexibly when required, particularly during the core festival period
- A collaborative attitude and ability to work within a small, dedicated team
- A good knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and Zoom
- Passionate about, and interested in, the areas in which SICK! operates – arts, health, diversity, community development and international work
- A commitment to SICK!’s vision and mission and dedication to inclusive artistic practice.
- Experience of working on intergenerational projects
- An understanding of access provisions for participant programmes
- Knowledge of the areas we operate in (Moston, Harpurhey and Charlestown)
- UK Driving license and access to a vehicle.