Do you care about Moston or Harpurhey?
We are looking for 8-10 community ambassadors to help us connect with the neighbourhood
Term: one year fixed term. Monthly group meetings between February 2022 – February 2023
We will offer a £75 contribution for your time each month
We are looking for a small group of 8 – 10 young people aged 16 – 25, with a range of experience and perspectives, to help us shape our 10-year programme of exciting creative projects in Moston & Harpurhey.
You will attend monthly meetings to discuss issues that are important in the area, help us come up with new ideas and look at how we communicate with the wider community.
We want you to help us shape and deliver a series of community dinners, share our plans and progress with the community, deliver word of mouth marketing to local residents and offer share your knowledge of Moston & Harpurhey.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for young people who either live, work or have a connection to Moston or Harpurhey aged 16 – 25 who:
- Are committed and enthusiastic about making a positive change in the community.
- Want to help raise awareness about issues that matter to you and members of your community.
- Are interested in getting involved in enjoyable and thought-provoking creative activities.
- Would like to make new social and professional connections.
- Want to help shape cultural activity in the neighbourhood.
To apply to be a SICK! Ambassador please email email@example.com telling us;
- A bit about yourself including age, interests and hobbies
- What do you love about your community?
- What would you change about your community?
Deadline for applications is 11 February 2022. Interviews will be held from 15 February 2022 in person.
SICK! Festival present and commission powerful, innovative and engaging work by artists from across Manchester, the UK and internationally. We take the conversation to the heart of the communities where the subjects matter the most guided by those communities and individuals who ground our work in real-life experience and immense understanding of the sensitivities of emotive issues. All too often these subjects are kept away from public view, we exist to change that.