Birds of a Feather is our photographic exhibition, showcasing work developed by participants of our social prescribing project SMASH: EXPLORE.
The exhibition took place from Friday 8th October 2021 at No. 93 Health and Wellbeing Centre, 93 Church Ln, Harpurhey, Manchester M9 5BG.
Over the course of July and August our EXPLORE group alongside artist Chris Charles went on a guided programme of creative walks using photography and creative writing, encouraging participants to look differently at their environment. They explored the ways in which their environment affects their mental health, exercising whilst connecting with people from their neighbourhood with similar experiences.
As part of our 10-year commitment to Moston and Harpurhey we have launched SICK! Mental Health Arts Programme (SMASH) a creative social prescribing project offering a range of creative, innovative experiences designed to:
- Help improve how participants feel
- Increase their understanding of mental health and illness
- Enable them to meet and share their thoughts with others who are facing similar experiences
- Increase confidence in talking about their experiences
- Provide new creative tools for exploring and expressing mental health experiences
No 93 Wellbeing Centre
Crisis Cafe Team
Community Inclusion, Resettlement & Linkworker Services
Manchester Psychological Therapies (North)
Be Well – Harpurhey
Be Well – Moston
Healthy Me Health Communities
Manchester City Council
Peter Sowerby Foundation
Oglesby Charitable Trust
Image Credit: Eileen Pinnington as part of SMASH: Explore